The CEN Environmental Helpdesk (CEN/EHD) provides information and support to CEN Technical Committees (TCs) and Working Groups when addressing environmental issues in European Standards.
Role of CEN/EHD
The role of the CEN/EHD is to:
- Develop environmental awareness among CEN technical bodies and encourage a systematic approach to integrate environmental aspects into standards;
- Structure environmental information and provide supporting tools available for TCs;
- Provide guidance to specific environmental projects within standardization.
In order to help deliver these objectives, the CEN/EHD has produced an Environmental Framework of tools and support services that are freely available to all CEN committe members.
The Environmental Framework includes the following items:
- Environmental training including e-learning, one-day courses and tailored workshops;
- CEN Guide 4 (pdf format) and the Environmental Checklist
The reference tool for standards writers to include environmental aspects in their standards;
- CEN Guide 16 (pdf format) - Guide for addressing chemicals in standards for consumer-relevant products
- CEN-CENELEC Guide 32 (pdf format) - Guide for addressing climate change adaptation in standards
- CEN-CENELEC Guide 33 (pdf format) - Guide for addressing environmental issues in testing standards
- Under revision - Environmental Bulletin (pdf format) - Latest issue n° 27 - Winter 2014-2015;
- Guide to EU environmental policy and directives (pdf format)
Sustainable Consumption and Production and Sustainable Industrial Policy (SCP/SIP) - Action Plan - LCA database - Ecolabel - Environmental Footprint and many others.
- Guidance and examples by sector (soon to come)
Contact the CEN/EHD Helpdesk