The ultimate goal of the ‘Journalism Trust Initiative’ (JTI) of RSF is to support the universal, individual freedom of opinion through access to information and independent, pluralistic media. By safeguarding professional standards, a more healthy digital media landscape should emerge from which each citizen and media worker, but also societies at large could benefit.
The scope of this workshop is to outline the operational details to meet that objective in developing the following CEN Workshop Agreements (CWA):
- Work Package/CWA I: Identity and Transparency (Tell us who you are.)
- Work Package/CWA II: Accountability and Professionalism (Tell us how you work.)
- Work Package/CWA III: Independence and Ethics (Tell us what your values are.)
The original Proposer of the Workshop is Reporter sans frontières - Reporters Without Borders (RSF) who is supported by the following co-Proposers:
- Global Editors Network (GEN)
- European Broadcasting Union (EBU), and
- Agence France Press (AFP)
The consensus outcome of the Workshop will be published as CEN-CENELEC Workshop Agreement(s) (CWA). The CWA(s) is(are) expected to be finalized by the end of 2019.
The kick-off meeting took place on 23 May 2018 at AFP – Agence France Presse, 11 Place de la Bourse, 75002 Paris, France
You can address your questions and comments to the Workshop Secretary Mrs Fanny LANNOY.
Download the document:
Please note that the official working language of the workshop will be English.