How to elaborate standards for your business needs?
Together with you, the CEN-CENELEC Management Centre examines if developing European Standards for your business activity is a feasible process. We especially like to identify if European Standards have an added value for you and/or your business sector and if there is a 'business case' to make these standards. Our services come free of charge. If you are interested, do contact the Innovation Department.
In the fact-finding process, we try to formulate answers to questions like:
- Which stakeholders are interested in these new standards?
- What are the specific needs, what is the critical success factor?
- Are there existing documents on which a standards can be based?
- What legislation exists?
- Where is the market for your products and/or services?
- Cost budgeting of the standardisation process?
- Are there certification issues?
If the outcome of the fact-finding process is positive and when the human and financial resources to start up and run the standardisation process have been identified, your standardisation project is launched.