More than 60.000 technical experts from industry, associations, public administrations, academia and societal organisations are involved in the CEN network that reaches over 600 million people.
The stakeholders of the CEN System, both of the processes and the deliverables are industry, service, commerce and other market players and public and private institutions.
Most of them are represented in the CEN network through:
- National Members: constitute the final decision-makers within CEN;
- Associate Members: represent interest groups of various dimensions at European level;
- Affiliates: are the National Standards Bodies from Central and Eastern Europe who may become CEN National Members;
- Partner standardization bodies: National Standards Bodies that are a member of ISO, but are unlikely to become CEN Members or CEN Affiliates for political or geographical reasons;
- Governmental bodies and other authorities, including the European Commission and the European Free Trade Association (EFTA);
- European organisations (mainly trade federations);
- Relations outside the European Union and EFTA.