This section of the website contains information on different services offered by the CEN-CENELEC Management Centre (CCMC) as listed in the left navigation bar. These services are complementary to the standards making process and facilitate a better understanding of the standardization system.
- The Innovation Department develops new business and promotes the use of standards and CEN Workshop Agreements in new markets and those business environments that do not use them;
- Europe pays increasing attention to innovation issues. There are close links between standardization and research. Under 'Innovation and research' more information and guidance is available on how to establish an integrated approach between research, innovation and standardization;
- The frequently asked questions did not include your question? Queries on general information about standardization activities can be addressed to the CEN-CENELEC Infodesk.
- The CEN-CENELEC SME Helpdesk introduces European SMEs to the knowledge and business tools required to access the European Standardization System of CEN and CENELEC;
- The CEN Environmental Helpdesk provides information and support to the CEN Technical Committees when addressing environmental issues in European Standards;
- Enlarge or update you knowledge of European Standardization and participate in education and training sessions offered by the CEN-CENELEC Management Centre. A joint Working Group of the European Standards Organisations was set up to foster best practices on 'Education about standards';
- Globalisation is upon us and therefore CEN is active on the global level and often acts in cooperation with the other two European Standards Organisations, CENELEC and ETSI. The 'Visibility programmes outside Europe and the European Free Trade Area' give an overview of how CEN carries out awareness activities as a tool to enhance the competitiveness of European businesses worldwide;
- CEN provides a comprehensive range of European Standards and other publications for the implementation and recognition of good conformity assessment practices. Under 'Conformity Assessment' more information is provided about CEN's activities and involvement in this field.
The glossary in the BOSS - Business Operation Support System provides a list of abbreviations and definitions of the terminology you may encounter when reading or researching standards.